Friday, November 2, 2012

Public Display of (Thanksgiving) Affection

I am so excited November is here. I love Thanksgiving! I love turkeys! I love making new monthly displays! I also love that I found some great books for the Thanksgiving unit I'm about to start!


Here is our fabulous display of Thanksgiving titles. Stop by and grab a few before they're gone!

 
Grab them before they wobble away.


Play to win!
I have placed a fun guessing game on the display as well. Kids can guess the amount of candy corn in the jar, put their guess in the box, and win a book if they guess the closest to the actual amount.

For the next two weeks, I will be leading Thanksgiving-themed story times. I found some awesome books in our collection and came up with awesome crafts to go along with them. I love it when a plan comes together...

And, as always, the MPL children's staff are always thankful that you are here to share our love of the library! Stop by and see our turkey friend on the dry erase board.

Gobble! (Translation: Have a good weekend!)
Next week: The Books and the Crafts: Thanksgiving Edition.

3 comments:

  1. Great display, Crafty Gal. Love that guessing contest! Wish my minions would come up with such terrific blog ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Thanksgiving winged dinner drawing is truly magnificent. Did you draw it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Cauli, moi did draw the winged dinner. Thanks for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete