Thursday, February 14, 2013

February Counting Contest!

I know the library isn't a place where you normally think about math. I'm not terribly fond of numbers...that's why I work with books! Anyway, I have another fun "guesstimation" game here in the children's room.
 

If you guess the amount of kisses in the jar, you can win a free book! Yay! Stop by and place your guess in the box on the display.

This is such an easy "passive" library program to do. Supplies: scrap paper, jar, pencils, stuff to count into the jar, flyer explaining the contest, something to put the guesses in. Done! After I did the initial supply gathering, I have simply changed the item in the jar and the flyer month to month.

What kinds of passive library programs do you have, Libraryland?

No comments:

Post a Comment